We understand that everyone is not familiar with some of the policies, laws, and practices of pet relocation and pet shipping. We wanted to make things a little easier for our clients by providing some of the pet delivery regulations that we abide by when moving pets, and also some of the responsible practices within our company. Additionally, more specific regulations can be found in Section 3 of APHIS/USDA Transportation Standards. The safety, health, and well being of your pet and other pets on board is dependent upon our compliance of these laws. If you have any questions, or if you are unsure of what your pet needs to travel, please contact us. These requirements and policies are also included on our contract.
REQUIREMENTS AND POLICIES
- Dogs and cats must be 8 weeks of age or older at the time of transport, regardless of travel distance.
- All pets must be accompanied with a veterinarian endorsed health certificate (sometimes titled a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection). We must keep this copy for our records, so if a copy is being sent for the destination owner, we need (2nd) a copy as well. This document is required regardless of the distance your pet will travel.
- Puppies must have a current negative fecal exam.
- Applicable pets over 16 weeks of age must be accompanied with a rabies vaccination certificate. We must keep this copy for our records, so if a copy is being sent for the pet recipient, we need (2nd) a copy as well.
- Dogs are walked and fed every 4 hours per owner instructions.
- Food equal to each expected pet travel day (according to the driver’s estimates) plus extra is required to be to be sent with your pet in a Ziploc bag (preferably bagged in a separate Ziploc for each day/feeding). Please label your pet’s food with your pet’s name. We supply bottled water for pets throughout the route.
- We have the right to refuse our pet delivery services to any animal that we see as unfit for transport, including sickly, wounded, or unstable pets.
- We love all breeds and species of animals – each unique in their own. We do not discriminate against breeds. However, we will not accept vicious animals of any breed or species.
- Dogs must be lead/leash trained for their safety and to reduce the risk of injury to your pet and your service provider.
- A Traveling Pet Form must be completed by the owner at pickup and submitted to the driver with your pet(s). This form is completed online and emailed to you to print out.
PICKUP AND DELIVERY
- One of our drivers will contact you 24-48 hrs prior to arrival via contact information you have provided (this is for both pickup and pet delivery).
- The receiver of the pet(s) must be available 24 hours a day. We will make every effort to arrive during the hours between 6 AM and 10 PM.
- If we arrive for pickup of your pet and no one is home or the required documents are not available for your pet, we have no choice but to continue on route to insure timely and accurate pickup and delivery times for other clients. You will not be entitled to any refund, and full amount of the cost services will be due.
- Any extra charges incurred due to the client not being home or able to receive the animal being transported will fall upon the client who ordered our services. It is recommended that arrangements be made ahead of time in the case that the receiving client may not be home.
- Due to issues that can be beyond our control, we cannot give an exact time of pickup or delivery. However, we do give an estimate time of pickup and delivery. Pickup or delivery may be outside of normal business hours to keep on schedule.
- In order to reserve our services, deposits are 50% of the entire balance due.
- Remaining balance must be paid in full no later than 48 hours prior to pickup of your pet
- Deposits and Payments can be made via PayPal on our Payments page.
- As a token of appreciation to our armed forces, we do offer a military discount of 10% for the client ordering our pet shipping services. It is the responsibility of the ordering client to notify B’s Pet Delivery of their military status before any payments are made – refunds in the amount of the discount will not be rendered after the fact. Military status must be verifiable.
RESCHEDULING AND CANCELLATIONS
- In the event that pickup needs to be rescheduled on your part, it must be done so within 72 hours of the scheduled pickup time. You will be charged a rescheduling fee of 50% of the total agreed cost. Please notify B’s Pet Delivery as soon as possible if plans have changed.
- Cancellations 7 days prior to the scheduled pick up date will be not be due a refund. If you cancel within the 7 days prior your pick up date, you will be charged the full transport fee and no refund will be given.
EMERGENCY MEDICAL CARE CONSENT
- While it is not common, traveling pets may require emergency attention for things out of our control (e.g., seizures, diabetic-related issues, etc). We ask our clients for prior consent to seek emergency treatment with the nearest veterinary clinic available. This consent is on our contract (client will assume all charges).